[BLDG-SIM] LEED and evap chillers

wmclaughlin wmclaughlin at dmiinc.com
Wed Jul 5 10:11:11 PDT 2006

This may have been covered in a previous thread, but I'm away from my email archive at the moment.

Regarding LEED modeling with respect to the ASHRAE ECB/DEC method: Does anyone have a sense of whether an evaporatively-cooled chiller is considered air- or water-cooled?   It makes a considerable difference to the modeling of the ECB (base case), and thus to the evaluated savings.

Thanks,

Wade McLaughlin
Demand Management Institute