[BLDG-SIM] Cooling system size tons - eQuest

Leela Kala kala_sim at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jul 5 04:12:24 PDT 2006

Hi,
I am looking for a clarification on eQuest report.
When I look at SS-D report and find the Size of system
in tons (maximum cooling load/12000 Btu/hr), it comes
out to be much different than the Summary report at
Air Side HVAC system. I can only think of safety
factor but the difference is almost 100% (in my case
570 tons in summary  vs 298 tons in SS-D). The results
are different if I look at peak demand results (3.5
kW/ton) in summary view. Why is this difference and
which one value should I consider for cooling system
size in tons? I appreciate any explaination and help.

thanks

Leela