[bldg-sim] Equest system sizing problem

khan muhammad muhammadhaiderkhan at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 31 19:16:10 PDT 2006

I am sorry I think I didnt clearly explain what I am trying to do, I have a
125000 sq ft building and I am keeping the architectural characteristics
same but chaging the weather files between Minneapolis, Miami and St. Louis.
I anticipated EQuest to report a higher capacity chiller for Miami and
higher capacity boiler for Minneapolis as compared to other weather files
but it is showing a flat trend. i can understand that the chiller size might
not be effected a lot by three different climate zones but rather by solar
angle (since it is a high glazed building) or other factors but Boiler size
should have been reported more for minneapolis! any explanation would be
helpful. please also note the energy consumptions are showing the right
trend (more boiler energy consumption in Minneapolis and more chiller energy
consumption in Miami).
Thanks,
Haider.