[BLDG-SIM] Lab system in ECB & LEED

Peter Simmonds peter.simmonds at ibece.net
Thu Jun 8 08:28:04 PDT 2006

The first response would be to drop LEED.

The second would be to suggest that you VAV lab exhaust to reduce
energy, you get an extra point for ventilating in excess of 62.1
recommended minimum requirements. Classrooms will also 100% OA. The lab
supply air will be higher than 90.1 or 62.1 recommends, use the real
world cfm as a constant volume system to determine the standard case
then use the VAV fume hood control to reduce the energy consumption
compared to the adapted standard case.

Peter Simmonds Ph.D.

Associate
IBE Consulting Engineers

14130 Riverside Drive Suite 201

Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
p:   (818) 377-8220
f:    (818) 377-8230
m:  (818) 219-1284
IDEAS FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT <BLOCKED::http://www.ibece.com/>

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the