[bldg-sim] Simulation of Production Halls

Peter Simmonds peter.simmonds at ibece.net
Tue Jun 6 07:07:10 PDT 2006

Here's what we do for such spaces. First calculate the space
stratification using the Effective Sensible Heat Gain (ESHG) method.
This will provide data on temperatures in the occupied zone and
temperatures of air being exhausted from the space. Use the space
exhaust temperature as the temperature set point in DOE-2 or transys.
This should provide a fairly accurate model, you can then study the
performance. I also think that IES can calculate stratification in
spaces.

You can always talk to Stefan Holst at Transsolar in Munich, he can also
help.

Peter Simmonds Ph.D.

Associate

IBE Consulting Engineers

14130 Riverside Drive Suite 201

Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

p:   (818) 377-8220

f:    (818) 377-8230

m:  (818) 219-1284

IDEAS FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the