[BLDG-SIM] how to use doe2 weather utilities

Abhijeet Pande pande at h-m-g.com
Thu Mar 2 23:03:42 PST 2006

Nicole,
The command for converting bin file to text file is MKAFT. This is a
batch file that uses the BIN2TXT.exe executable to convert a .bin file
in the weather directory to a text file.
Below is an excerpt from the DOE2 weather utilities readme file -

MKAFT.BAT  Batch file to create a text file from a binary file using
BIN2TXT
              useage:  MKAFT filename
              filename is DOE-2 binary (filename.bin) in WEATHER (no
extension)
              filename.ft is placed in WEATHER directory

Assuming your bin file name is example.bin, type " MKAFT example" to
create example.ft file in the weather directory.
You may also need to edit the MKAFT.Bat file to set the path to your DOE
weather directory, weather.bin and weather.fmt files.

Hope this helps,
Abhijeet Pande
Project Manager
Heschong Mahone Group