[BLDG-SIM] HRV unit for a GSHP application in eQUEST

Andrew Craig andrew_c at ieice.com
Thu Nov 2 10:36:32 PST 2006

I am modeling a single story building that uses a ground-source, water
to water heat pump to serve radiant heating/cooling slabs.  A majority
of the building utilizes natural ventilation although mechanical
ventilation is needed for the restrooms and a laboratory space with a
fume hood.  The plans call for a HRV unit to provide this make-up air to
the spaces and this is where I run into problems.  For SYSTEM, TYPE =
HP, in eQUEST, it won't let me model an HRV unit although the graphic
appears in the Air-Side HVAC System window.  Any suggestions for turning
on this feature in a HP system?

Andrew Craig | Mechanical Designer/Energy Analyst

INTERFACE ENGINEERING
708 SW Third Avenue | Suite 400 | Portland, OR 97204

direct: 503.382.2696
office: 503.382.2266
fax: 503.382.2262
email: Andrew_C at ieice.com
web: www.ieice.com

Consultants of Choice to the Built Environment for over 35 years
Kirkland, WA | Portland, OR | Sacramento, CA | Salem, OR | SanFrancisco,
CA