[BLDG-SIM] Multiple building shells and the impact on mech equipment

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 07:41:24 PDT 2006

Scott:

If I understand you correctly, you have some of your
shells spacially overlapping one another. I believe
your question is if somehow the two areas will mix
load.

I believe the answer is no. I have mistakenly placed
multiple shell virtually one on top of another (not
knowing I had done it), and eQUEST performed the
simulation with no errors, and as if I had these two
shells independent (one was supposed to be a 1st floor
and another a 2nd floor - I had forgotten to use the Z
component to raise the 2nd floor up).

I hope this is the answer what you are asking.