[BLDG-SIM] Simplied windows and glass libraries

Kevin J. Kyte kkyte at robsonwoese.com
Tue Apr 24 08:04:37 PDT 2007

Can anyone offer advice on the most accurate route to model window
performance?
There are discrepancies between modeling glazing from doe library and then
modeling those values in simplified mode.
Is this steady state vs. transient heat transfer?  I am not familiar and I
could use a lesson in thermo.
Is this discussed in the Engineer’s Manual?  How about if I used Window5?
Will I be able to import Window files into Doe2.2?

I would be grateful of any assistance.

Kevin