[BLDG-SIM] HELP FOR EQUEST SIMULATION FILES (.PH.D)

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Tue Apr 3 13:45:06 PDT 2007

Anurag,

You may find my post on creating eQuest multilevel spaces (atriums)
helpful...

http://elcca-exchange.blogspot.com/2007/03/equest-multi-level-spaces.htm

There seems to be an unresolved question on whether eQuest can simulate
the benefit from daylighting for interior zones adjacent to atriums.  If
the benefits from daylighting is part of your analysis, a couple of
suggestions:

* Assure interior spaces adjacent to atriums are designated as
"sunspaces"
* Use the 3.61 version of eQuest, which has enhanced support for
skylights, light wells etc.

Hope that helps...but if you're still having trouble with atriums,
e-mail me directly.

Brandon Nichols, PE
Mechanical
HARGIS ENGINEERS