[BLDG-SIM] DEO2-actual performance curve

Vickie Chen Vickie.Chen at arup.com.au
Tue Feb 20 15:03:08 PST 2007

We are asked to estimate the energy use of building design at detail
design stage by using DOE2 energy modelling. I am trying to modify the
actual performance curve for chiller pump, boiler, cooling tower etc in
DEO2, because we are concerned about the actual performance is different
from the default performance curve. We hope to specify the performance
curve for each individual project.
I defined the mechanical efficiency of pump is 0.75, motor efficiency is
hi-eff. I assume that the program can calculate the pump flow based on
the load, use PUMP-HEAD-FFLOW to calcualte the head, and then work out
pump power with PUMP-HP-FFLOW, using Pump default motor efficiencies
chart to figure out the ele energy use.
My problem is that I cannot see the relationship between the actual pump
curve (from pump specification) and the default performance curve in
DOE2. Does anyone input actual performance curve for chiller, pump,
boiler or cooling tower in DOE2 before?
I would be grateful for any comments. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vickie