[BLDG-SIM] Humidity Control and System Types

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Fri Feb 16 14:04:28 PST 2007

This is an eQUESTion.
As far as I know - the only system types (from the Documentation) that
allow humidity control are SZRH, PSZ and PVAVS.  ("MAX-HUMIDITY causes
the simulation to function differently for system types SZRH, PSZ and
PVAVS. For SZRH, if the MAX-HUMIDITY level is exceeded, the system
reverts to full reheat. The cooling coil leaving air temperature is
driven lower and reheat is added at the fan unit to satisfy the control
zone. For PSZ and PVAVS systems, specification of MAX-COND-RCVRY will
activate the use of condenser recovery to accomplish a similar result.
If a lower MAX-HUMIDITY is required to meet desired space conditions, a
lower MIN-SUPPLY-T should be entered. For SZRH, PSZ and PVAVS
MIN-SUPPLY-T should be entered").
Problem is - the building I am trying to simulate has chilled water
coils which only allows me to use SZRH, but it's a multizone systems
with VAV.
Are there any other systems that will allow me to do this (the variable
air volume and multizone options don't respond to an increase in
humidity control).
Thanks

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service
www.lordaecksargent.com