[bldg-sim] eQUEST window baseline

Andy McNamara andyjmc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 09:39:03 PST 2007

Hello,

I am creating an energy model for a LEED project.  In "baselining" the
building, one of the stipulations of ASHRAE 90.1 2004 is that the windows
must be evenly distributed in horizontal bands on each facet of the facade.
My building has 17 facets due to a somewhat complicated design and I am
wondering if anyone knows a relatively straightforward way to accomplish
that distribution.  One of my problems is that in the Design Development
Wizard, there are only 4 areas in which to enter percentages (N., E., S.,
W.) which doesn't seem to work on a building with so many facets.  On the
other hand, it seems tedious to go into each window and adjust its
percentage.  Is there a more elegant way to adjust window proportions
globally?  I am thinking a parametric run might be the best solution.  Can
anyone provide some insight on this?

Thank you!
Andrew McNamara