[BLDG-SIM] Got textbook on energy-efficient building design and modeling?

Pope, Stephen spope at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Feb 27 11:04:25 PST 2007

Hi Tom

I participated in the compilation of a good reference book, maybe more
of a reference for your class than a mandatory textbook, but excellent
for setting the appropriate context for renewable energy systems if they
are to satisfy the majority (if not all) of building needs.

"A handbook on Low-Energy Buildings and District Energy Systems" Edited
by Danny Harvey from University of Toronto. Published by Earthscan in
the UK. ISBN 1-84407-243-6.

Good general principles discussions. Cold climate and warm climate
applications. Summaries of examples and impacts of codes and standards.

Regards,
SFP

Stephen Pope, OAA, MRAIC
Natural Resources Canada / CANMET Energy Technology Centre
Sustainable Buildings & Communities / Commercial Buildings Section
580 Booth St., 13th Flr, D5,   Ottawa    ON    K1A 0E4
tel. (613) 947-9823  cell (613) 324-1642, fax (613) 996-9909
email - spope at nrcan.gc.ca,  web - http://www.sbc.nrcan.gc.ca
<http://www.sbc.nrcan.gc.ca/>