[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST HVAC sizing runs

gail gail22 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 13:31:05 PST 2007

Hi Andy,

Auto-sizing is a good way to go.  That makes the schedule inputs for CDD and
HDD very important.  Also, make sure the Zone Sizing option is "Adjust
loads" and the System Sizing Option is "Coincident".  When using the
Auto-size, set the System Heat Sizing Ratio to 1.25 and the System Cool
Sizing Ratio to 1.15.  Similarly for any central plant equipment, set the
capacity ratio to 1.15 for cooling equipment and 1.25 for heating equipment.

You can find out what the auto-sized capacities are in the SV-A output
reports for systems, and the  PV-A output reports for plant equipment.

Gail Stranske
CTG Energetics