[BLDG-SIM] modeling ice storage and GSHP in eQUEST

Alpana Jain ajain at setty.com
Tue Jul 3 05:47:39 PDT 2007

David,

I am struggling with modeling ice storage correctly as well.

But to get a fair understanding of how to go about it, refer to the
example in the DOE2 docs available in the eQUEST download area (DOE22
topics has an example input, also the DOE22 dictionary talks about
thermal storage and how its to be modeled)

The trick really lies in how you control the ice storage after having
defined it! In my case, even though the ice storage seems to be working
(not the way I would have imagined it to work though!) the chiller usage
is not going down!! Which is definitely an anomaly..

See if you can understand and use the example to your benefit....do let
me know if it works for you.

For the GSHP system as well, look up an example input in the DOE22
documents, though I am not sure if you still need to import the curves
for gshp systems in the latest eQUEST version. Maybe someone has
answers?

Good luck

Alpana

Alpana Jain Kapoor