[BLDG-SIM] Fan Power VAV in eQuest

Zarske, Jim jzarske at nexant.com
Thu Jun 28 13:27:08 PDT 2007

Andrew,

We're trying to model fan powered VAV boxes with the System Type: VAV.
It appears if you select the system type to be PIU, these terminal unit
inputs work correctly.

With the VAV system type, one call still select a Series or Parallel Fan
PIU, however the inputs for CFM, kW/CFM, and Zone Fan Ratio were staying
grayed.  So, unless there's default energy affiliated with the PIU
Series or Parallel selections, we couldn't find a way to input the
energy use for each box.

Does anyone know a way around this issue trying to stick with a VAV
system type?

Jim