[BLDG-SIM] Fan Power VAV in eQuest

Mark Nieman MARKN at McKinstry.com
Thu Jun 28 12:53:02 PDT 2007

Take a look at the PIU (Powered Induction Unit) system in the help file.
You can model both parallel & series fan powered units with that. I
think it's only available in the Detailed Mode.

Mark Nieman, PE, CEM
Sr. Energy Engineer
McKinstry Essention
Direct: (206) 832-8152
Cell: (206) 510-4760
FAX: (206) 832-8552
http://www.mckinstry.com
"For The Life Of Your Building"

-----Original Message-----
From: BLDG-SIM at gard.com [mailto:BLDG-SIM at gard.com] On Behalf Of Aulbach,
John
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:20 PM
To: BLDG-SIM at gard.com
Subject: [BLDG-SIM] Fan Power VAV in eQuest

All:

We have a question of how to model Fan Powered VAV in eQuest. I cannot
find the answer off hand.

But I SWEAR you could do it in DOE-2.1E.

Comments?

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Manager
Nexant, Inc.
100 North Barranca, Suite 820
West Covina, CA 91791 USA
Phone: 626-430-9054
Fax: 626-430-9060
email: jaulbach at nexant.com

This email is the property of McKinstry or one of its affiliates and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.