[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST daylight through interior windows

Renee Azerbegi renee at ambient-e.com
Mon Mar 12 07:40:42 PDT 2007

I have never had success at getting daylighting to work without exterior
glazing on a wall. Interior glazing and skylights alone will not work.
DOE2 engines require some exterior walled glazing. I would recommend
that you create the zone in a separate file, determine the T-vis and
SHGC change through two layers of glazing on the wall and add your
skylights. I'm not clear if DOE2 will model the daylighting effect of
skylights well or if it will just take the daylight energy savings from
the wall. I was modeling SolaTubes the other day in a zone with exterior
walled glazing and it didn't seem to provide much savings, a lot less
than I would have expected.  Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Renee