[BLDG-SIM] Importing DWG files

Lynn Qualmann LQualmann at sbwConsulting.com
Sun May 27 19:24:38 PDT 2007

To All

I am trying to import DWG files into eQuest without much success. When I
specify the file to import, the preview window displays what looks like
a reasonable drawing, although the small size prevents discerning any
detail. The resulting imported drawing seems to have only a few layers
of the drawing displayed, none of them providing any information about
floor or zone shapes. I have tried numerous combinations of layers to no
avail (I can get less information, but can't seem to get more). I have
successfully imported files in the past, but zoning has changed and, as
the building has two faces that are concentric arcs with most interior
walls laid out radially, so accurate location of vertices without the
drawings is next to impossible. As it is, I have to drop back to the
schematic wizard, get the zoning down, then patch in what I can salvage
from the earlier models. Any thoughts about what might be creating this
difficulty. I don't have a CAD package at my disposal, so I can't make
adjustments to the drawings themselves.

Thanks in advance.

R. Lynn Qualmann, P.E.
SBW Consulting, Inc.
2820 Northup Way  #230
Bellevue, WA  98004
Phone:  (425) 827-0330
FAX:     (425) 822-8119
e-mail:  rlq at sbwconsulting.com

****E-Mail Disclaimer****  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender at once.  Any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. SBW Consulting.