[BLDG-SIM] code compliance

Ramana Koti ramana.koti at gmail.com
Fri May 18 07:39:32 PDT 2007

Dear all,

We're working on a project in Iowa and just beginning to think about energy
code compliance. Iowa's state energy code is IECC 2006.

How does code compliance work generally? I know that COMcheck can be used to
check for compliance (never used it though). Do all components like roof,
wall, glazing etc have to meet the minimum requirement or is trade off
possible?

Is there a Btu/sq ft component involved?

Thanks in advance,

Ramana Koti, LEED AP
Sustainable Building Analyst

ELEMENTS | a division of berkebile nelson immenschuh mcdowell architects
106 W. 14th Street Suite 200
Kansas City, Missouri 64105

p 816.783.1635 f 816.783.1501
www.bnim.com| elements.bnim.com