[BLDG-SIM] code compliance

aditya potipireddi aditect at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:15:29 PDT 2007

Hi Ramana,

I have used the energy code compliance check on two projects both rResCheck
and CoMCheck , my understanding of these tools is that there is no trade off
involved , all the building components have to meet the minimum code
requirements , otherwise it is difficult to make it pass the code. the
minimum values are displayed at the lower end of the screen as we keep
entering the values and at the same time it shows the percentage progress of
the with respect to the local code . also there is no Btu/sq sf  or energy
use intensity involved.

aditya potipireddi
MS Building Design(energy & climate)
Arizona State University