[BLDG-SIM] Trane Trace and Appendix G

Jon Evans jevans at sustaineng.com
Mon Oct 1 09:03:16 PDT 2007

I am modeling a VAV system for a LEED Project per Appendix G.  There are
several control requirements for the boiler, chiller and air distribution
system that I am having trouble implementing in Trace:

Per ASHRAE 90.1 2004 Appendix G G3.1.3.3: Specifying the boiler supply and
return temperatures

Per ASHRAE 90.1 2004 Appendix G G3.1.3.4: Boiler supply temperature reset
based on OA temperature

Per ASHRAE 90.1 2004 Appendix G G3.1.3.8: Specifiying the chiller supply and
return temperatures

Per ASHRAE 90.1 2004 Appendix G G3.1.3.9: Chilled water supply temperature
reset based on OA temperature

Per ASHRAE 90.1 2004 Appendix G G3.1.3.12: Supply air temperature reset
based on zone demand

Anyone have luck implementing these control strategies in Trane Trace?

Thanks,
-Jon