[BLDG-SIM] JOB Announcement at EMSI (Washington, DC/ Springfield, Missouri)

Virdi Permana vpermana at emsi-green.com
Mon Sep 10 07:27:35 PDT 2007

Environmental Market Solutions, Inc (EMSI) is a professional green building
and

sustainable design consulting firm with offices in Washington DC and
Springfield,

Missouri as well as Beijing and Shanghai, China. We provide planning,
architectural,

and engineering services that focus on creating energy efficient, resource
conscious,

healthy and productive buildings and neighborhood developments. Our mission
is to

foster a global sustainable built environment - striving to create
developments that are

economically profitable and environmentally responsible. EMSI is an
established leader

in sustainable design consulting internationally, with more than 100
projects in 6

countries.

Environmental Market Solutions, Inc (EMSI) is seeking a full-time Energy
Consultant /

Energy Analyst to support current and future work in the US and abroad. The
Energy

Consultant / Energy Analyst will be involved in multiple project types,
ranging from

commercial office to retail developments to R&D laboratories and schools
K-12. A

minimum of a Bachelor of Science, preferably in Mechanical Engineering with

fundamental background in design of mechanical systems (HVAC) and 3-5 years
of

experience, specifically in energy optimization design/consulting and
building energy

simulation using eQUEST or comparable building simulation program.
Responsibilities

include:

1. Project Management - coordinating and managing projects (tasks,
deliverables,

schedules, sub-consultants, and other members of our team).

2. Energy Optimization Services - development of advanced building
performance

strategies (energy, daylighting, and sun-control) and energy simulation and

daylighting analysis

3. LEED Consulting/Coordination - focusing on energy and engineering

4. Strategic Development - guiding and directing energy optimization
services for

the US and China (and other potential markets)

Moderate travel is anticipated to support this position, including 1-2 trips
per year to

China to guide and support our offices/projects in China. The position is
open to either

US office locations.

Please contact Jason Hainline (jhainline at emsi-green.com or tel:
417.831.3538) Vice

President of Sustainable Design & Development Services for more information
or to

submit a resume.

Virdiansyah "Virdi" Permana

EMSI