[BLDG-SIM] eQuest Text Colors

Maxwell, Sean Sean.Maxwell at csgrp.com
Mon Sep 10 06:34:52 PDT 2007

From: Marlin Addison [mailto:marlin.addison at doe2.com]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 2:44 PM
To: Maxwell, Sean
Subject: RE: [BLDG-SIM] eQuest Text Colors

Sean,

For some reason I am unable to respond to the entire list so permit my
responding directly to you.

Purple font normally indicates a linked copy, i.e., an object has been
linked to another object of the same type (do this via a right click on
the component tree... the master object must be above the linked object
on the component tree, regardless of what the pick list may suggest,
else you'll have BDL errors the next time you open the project). For any
keywords in the object that don't have user input (i.e., red font), a
default value is inherited from the master object to which the current
object is linked.

Objects being fetched from the library are normally shown in a dark blue
font. You can't actually edit a library object but you are normally
allowed to edit a copy of the original in the library, i.e., upon edit,
a copy is automatically fetched from the library and most formerly dark
blue font items become red font items. It's OK to have an object in your
project INP file that bears the same name as an object in the library
since BDL first checks the INP file for the object before it looks into
the library.

-Marlin Addison