[BLDG-SIM] Heat Revovery in eQUEST

Zhen Tian tianzhen9 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 14:19:59 PDT 2007

 Dear all,

  I am modelling an office building in the cold climate (Zone 7). The baseline case for ASHRAE 90.1-2004 is VAV system. To evaluate the effect of air system heat recovery, I add the ERV in the Outdoor Air/Heat Recovery 1&2 tab. I select the ERV type as Sensible Heat Exange with effective as 0.52, the control sequence set as "when minimum OA".

  However, the simulatio result I got is kind of weird, cooling, fan and pump energy increase a lot, while the heating energy use was reduced only around 6%. Could somebody tell me what maybe the problem casuing this weired results or how can I check whether the result is correct?

  Thanks a lot.

  Regards,

  David