[BLDG-SIM] Heat Revovery in eQUEST

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Wed Sep 12 15:23:32 PDT 2007

David,

The default additional ERV supply and exhaust pressure drops are 1.5"
each, you may be able to set these down, check with the mechanical
engineer.  Is your ERV set up to be a 'sidecar', or is it in-line with
the main fans?  If sidecar, then the ERV fans are switched, else the
additional ERV pressure drop deprecates performance year-around.

Does ERV-RECOVER-MODE = OA-HEATING ? Acutally it can't, if your using
ERV-RUN-CTRL = WHEN-MIN-OA as I just re-discovered.  This is probably
why I use OA-EXHAUST-DT for sensible-only heat recovery, so I can turn
off the heat recovery in the summer where it's not going to any good.

Have 3 fairly recent posts on heat recovery, see..

http://elcca-exchange.blogspot.com/search/label/Heat%20Recovery

Hope that helps...

Brandon Nichols, PE, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical