[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST Top Daylighting with Clerestory

Matt Edwards medwards at aeieng.com
Thu Sep 6 13:18:19 PDT 2007

I'm attempting to model a raised clerestory for daylighting purposes,
and I'm having trouble with the physical description.  The building in
question has several raised sections, much like skylight wells, with
vertically mounted windows on either side to produce daylight to the
zone below rather than horizontally mounted skylights.  eQUEST does
allow for skylight wells, but in doing so the assumption is that the
skylight is horizontally mounted.  In addition, I attempted to create an
additional shell for the skylight wells allowing manual placement of
vertically mounted windows, but it appears that the "Open to Below" and
"Multi-Level Space" checkboxes in the wizard function do not apply to
daylighting effects.  Is there a better way to model side mounted
skylights in a core zone?

Thanks,

Matt Edwards LEED ® AP
Mechanical Systems | Affiliated Engineers, Inc
5802 Research Park Blvd
Madison, WI 53719

Phone: (608) 236-1154 (direct)
Fax: (608) 238-2614