[Bldg-sim] Ground-to-air heat exchangers

Michael Tillou michael.tillou at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:10:24 PDT 2008

eQUEST doesn't allow you to directly model earth tubes.  Depending on your
level of eQUEST skill you can make some thermodynamic approximations of how
the earth tubes will effect your annual energy use if you first perform some
external calculations to estimate the performance of the tubes based on
their proposed design (ie: how will the earth tubes impact the entering
outdoor air temperature you see at each air-handling system).

I believe that other simulation programs have the capability to directly
simulate earth tubes which I recommend you investigate.

Mike

Michael Tillou, PE, LEED
Tillou Engineering, LLC
Williamstown, MA 01267