[Bldg-sim] water-to-water heat pump system

Ali Nazari ANazari at mcw.com
Tue Apr 29 09:13:21 PDT 2008

To reflect the effect of the boiler and the fluid cooler that are attached to the heat pump loop and also considering the heat pump COP and EER (in heating and cooling modes), I modeled the water to water heat pump system as a distributed heat pump system. In this case the efficiency of the distributed heat pumps were adjusted based on the efficiencies of water to water heat pumps.

The boiler and fluid cooler were used to maintained the heat pump loop temperature at the desired condition (i.e. 70F and 90F in heating and cooling mode).

Ali Nazari M.A.Sc.
Mechanical Engineer

MCW Consultants Ltd. <http://www.mcw.com/>
1400-1185 West Georgia St.
Vancouver, BC V6E 4E6
Phone 604-687-1821 Ext. 131
Fax 604-683-5681

This e-mail may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender directly.