[Bldg-sim] LEED NC2.2 Energy Modeling Program Choice

Carlos Trujillo carlos.trujillo at ldimechanical.com
Tue Dec 2 11:13:21 PST 2008

I am wondering if any can provide me with some insight on LEED Energy
Modeling to obtain EAc1 with LEED NC2.2. I am specifically attempting to
determine which program I will use to model baseline vs. design. I am
proficient in EnergyPro, however it seems many people prefer to use
eQuest. I have also heard some good things about the HAP program from
Carrier. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Our typical project types consist of new 4 or 5 story multi-family
apartments. It should also be noted that almost all of our work is
within California.

Thanks.

Carlos A. Trujillo
LEED(r) AP