[Bldg-sim] Window

Ümit Esiyok umit.esiyok at uni-dortmund.de
Tue Feb 19 03:09:02 PST 2008

Dear all,

I simulate an office building from ASHRAE Table G3.1 I read that "Vertical
fenestration areas for new buildings and additions shall equal that in the
Proposed design or 40 % groß above grade wall, whichever is smaller, an
shall be distrubuted uniformly..."
My office building has in reality almost 80 % fenestration area.
my first Qeustion is;
1)in Proposed and Baseline design the fenestration area must be same or not?
2)in both cases should window area be less than 40%?
3)I read from this email group that 40 % fenestration area requirement not
aplicable anymore ? is that right?

--
Ümit Esiyok