[Bldg-sim] Window

Cramer Silkworth silkworth at transsolar.com
Tue Feb 19 03:23:27 PST 2008

Umit,

Addendum A removes that statement about uniform distribution, but does not change the area limits. As of April 2007 a design team may use addenda, but you must apply it to the entire LEED submittal (not necessarily all of the addenda, you can use just one if you like, as far as I know)- so you need to read all of Addendum A and follow all of its changes if you want to avoid the area distribution nonsense.

You can find the addenda here: http://www.ashrae.org/technology/page/132

If there are other modifications to the 40% area limit I don't know of them.

J. Cramer Silkworth
silkworth at transsolar.com
+49 0711-67976-182
Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
http://www.transsolar.com
Stuttgart - Munich - New York

Climate Engineering: Technologies for energy-efficiency and user comfort in buildings.
Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany

Amtsgericht Stuttgart -  HRB 23347 / USt-IdNr.: 99073/00911

Partners: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer, Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst