[Bldg-sim] Two Buildings - One Site -- mirror images

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Mon Feb 11 12:07:12 PST 2008

Further to this, I am also working on a twin-tower type project, however
the two buildings (with complicated floor plates) are mirror images of
each other.

Can anyone come up with an easier way of creating the 2nd tower based on
the 1st in eQUEST (currently at DD wizard stage)? I know that eQUEST
creates mirror image polygons for the floors (ceilings?) but I can't
think of a creative way of using them. As far as I know there is no "use
mirror image" button in the DD interface (although in this case I would
be happy to be wrong!).

Any thoughts, hints or suggestions?

Regarding Ross's query, I agree with John that switching to DD wizard
would be the best solution as you can then copy most of the inputs from
the 1st tower as a 2nd shell. If you had already progressed far in to
the detailed edit, you could import the 2nd building .inp file. As
Scott/Marlin pointed out recently, doing this will give you the detailed
edit keywords but not the wizard ones so you would never be able to go
back to the wizard.

Thanks

Brian