[Bldg-sim] eQuest Loads unmet

Jonathan Curtin jcurtin at WylieAssociates.com
Tue Feb 12 10:06:25 PST 2008

Linda,
Select the eQUEST summary tab view (next to spreadsheet tab) while in
the Air-Side HVAC module. You'll see the hours unmet for both heating
and cooling summarized there for each AHU.

Jonathan Curtin EIT, LEED AP

W  Y  L  I  E
C O N S U L T I  N G
E  N G  I  N  E  E R S

6161 Savoy, Suite 700   Houston, Texas 77036
713.781.2526     713.781.2536 fax

www.wylieassociates.com <http://www.wylieassociates.com/>

________________________________

From: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Lam, Linda
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:05 PM
To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Bldg-sim] eQuest Loads unmet

Hello All-

I'm filling out the template for LEED EA credit 1 and I need to know
where to find the total number of hours during which cooling and heating
loads are unmet.  I know in the detailed simulation output BEPS, the
following is given:

PERCENT OF HOURS ANY SYSTEM ZONE OUTSIDE OF THROTTLING RANGE =  0.6

PERCENT OF HOURS ANY PLANT LOAD NOT SATISFIED                =  0.0

How do I convert that to a number of hours instead of a percent?

I also noted that the SS-F report gives undercooled and underheated
hours for each of my zones... Can I avoid going through each of my zones
and adding up the hours? (I have many zones)

Thanks!!

Linda Lam

  FLACK + KURTZ

405 Howard St.

Suite 500

San Francisco, CA 94105

http://www.flackandkurtz.com <http://www.flackandkurtz.com/>

415.398.3833 Main

415.402.5813 Direct

415.433.5311 Fax
linda.lam at sf.fk.com

Ensuring that today's built environment preserves the natural
environment in which we live.

error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this email is strictly forbidden.