[Bldg-sim] 90.1 and infiltration/air-tightness?

Dan Katzenberger dan at eeEnviro.com
Thu Feb 14 12:57:03 PST 2008

Nick,

As others have stated, ASHRAE 90.1 does not address infiltration differences
between the baseline and proposed building.

Note that there have been some LEED Innovation in Design credits granted for
additional building envelope commissioning.  Please see:

http://www.usgbc.org/ShowFile.aspx?DocumentID=3569

While this does not account for the energy effects of reduced infiltration
due to improved building design, it does at least allow for a LEED credit
point for the effort.

Daniel A. Katzenberger, P.E., CEM, LEED-AP
Principal & Certified Energy Star Green Building Engineer

Engineering, Energy, and the Environment, LLC
"The Green Group"
420 North 5th Street, Suite 305, Minneapolis, MN 55401-1348
(612) 327-4210