[Bldg-sim] Parking garage modelling

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 06:10:09 PST 2008

In wizard mode, I would define the ceiling type to be that of the most
predominant type (either adjacent to conditioned space, or underground, or
exterior, if exposed to outdoor air conditions), then, in detailed edit
mode, modify the building shell to reflect the actual conditions.

I think that if you have a roof buried 0-1 feet below grade, you might be
better off modeling the assembly as "exterior wall" but include the 0-1 feet
of soil in the assembly instead of modeling an underground wall, as the
ground at this depth will more closely follow exterior conditions than
ground below about 4' (depending, of course on where you're located).

Does anyone know if the program take into account the depth of the wall when
calculating heat loss through basement walls?

~karen~