[Bldg-sim] outsourcing modelling work

Nick Doylend bldg-sim at ndoylend.fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 8 01:56:12 PST 2008

I wonder if anyone has any experience of outsourcing the creation of
building models.  I know for some time it's been possible to outsource
CAD work but it's been recently suggested to me that we use a similar
technique for offloading the more tedious aspects of the modelling
process.  I'm a bit concerned that the modelling should be done by
someone with enough experience and understanding of the whole analysis
process.  Without this overview we may find the models either lack
sufficient detail, or are over-detailed for the modelling objective.

Does the group think it's a potential time/money saver or is it likely
to be more trouble than it's worth?

Nick