[Bldg-sim] SEER Heat Pump Cooling Part Load Curves

Demba Ndiaye demba.ndiaye at setty.com
Mon Jan 28 14:18:13 PST 2008

Dear All,

I'm trying to model heat pumps with different SEER values (12, 13, 14,
16). I know that I need to edit the DX-Cool-EIR-fPLR part load curves
for each corresponding SEER value and was wondering if any of you had
tabled curve functions corresponding to different SEER values. Also, I
have been using the default EIR values that eQuest gives me (0.36).
Also, I don't know what type of curve function (cubic, linear,
quadratic, etc.) to use for the simulations that I am conducting. If any
of you have some words of wisdom, I'm all ears.

Thank you,

Jeremy Plitt
Mechanical Engineer
Setty & Associates, Ltd.