[Bldg-sim] Equest and gbXML import

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Thu Jan 3 13:25:54 PST 2008

For gbXML to eQuest, check out www.greenbuildingstudio.com ...

You can import the gbXML into GBS, then save as DOE-2 file.  However,
this DOE-2 file cannot be edited with eQuest wizards.  You'll need to do
all editing going forward in the detailed interface.  If you've not done
any projects yet with eQuest, there IS a learning curve that seems to
vary inversely with the cube of your overall level of computing
expertise ;-)

So if the project is coming from Revit, be sure to check out IES
<http://www.iesve.com/content/default.asp?page=s97_1> .  Despite the
relatively spendy price tag, you may be time and money ahead in the race
to obtain meaningful results.

Regards,

Brandon Nichols, PE, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical