[Bldg-sim] eQuest - converting these interior walls to exteriorwalls

Jonathan Curtin jcurtin at WylieAssociates.com
Wed Jan 30 10:28:14 PST 2008

Jessica,

I believe that in the eQUEST wizard if your defined zone walls are even
the slightest bit off from what you defined as the building footprint,
they will not be recognized as exterior walls. You could go through the
wizard to correct this, create a new exterior wall in the detailed
design mode and delete the interior wall, or go to the .inp file to
change the wall type. You can't easily change a wall type from interior
to exterior within eQUEST.

Regards,

Jonathan Curtin EIT, LEED AP

W  Y  L  I  E
C O N S U L T I  N G
E  N G  I  N  E  E R S

6161 Savoy, Suite 700   Houston, Texas 77036
713.781.2526     713.781.2536 fax

www.wylieassociates.com <http://www.wylieassociates.com/>