[Bldg-sim] eQuest - converting these interior walls toexteriorwalls

B. Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Wed Jan 30 13:07:43 PST 2008

It is my understanding that if the wall of your custom zone is within 1'
of the footprint, then an exterior wall is created.  This can be useful if
you do not want exterior walls (where building connects to an adjacent
building for example).  You simply define your zone inside the floorplate
for that wall.  It can also be frustrating if your zone walls don't quite
line up with your floorplate as Jonathan suggested.  We tend to go through
the exercise of rounding all polygon vertex inputs to the nearest foot for
ease of zone alignment etc.  (That would be a helpful automatic option in
the eQUEST interface).