[Bldg-sim] Title-24 modeling w/ eQUEST

Hwakong Cheng hwakong at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 22:38:13 PST 2008

Ellen,

We have bumped into bugs and hiccups doing Title 24 compliance runs in
eQUEST too. Two suggestions that I can offer:

If the compliance run completes normally and shows savings over the standard
but yet the building inexplicably does not comply, try reviewing the hours
out of throttling range in the standard run. It's likely that the system in
your base model meets the loads fine with few hours out of throttling but
that the model of the standard building has excessive hours out of
throttling range due to the translation of the ruleset. Make sure to select
the option for full reporting before you start the compliance run so that
you can identify where the loads are not met (SS-R is a good place to look).
You can also open the .INP for the standard run, create a new .PD2 for it,
and then dig into what the underlying problem is. The trick is to change
your original model so that it still reflects your proposed building, but
also limits the hours of throttling in the standard run.

Also, look for the .CAL file that is generated when you do T24 compliance
runs in eQUEST. If there are errors, they should be reported in there.
Supposedly there is a toggle in one of the .INI files in the eQUEST program
file directory that can increase the level of reporting to this .CAL file
too.

Best of luck.

Hwakong

  _____