[Bldg-sim] Appendix G: Cooled space?

Julia Beabout juliabeabout at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 09:36:08 PDT 2008

There definitely seems to be some variability out there on how it's handled.
There are several LEED CIRs posted on the LEED website for situations that seem similar to this.  My take on it is that if you are only ventilating the spaces, the ventilation fans don't need to be counted as a cooling system; thus, you do not need to model a cooling system for these spaces.  However, the fan energy does need to be accounted for in both the  proposed and baseline models.  So, they basically become energy neutral in the models and/or are treated kind of like a process energy load.
If others have a different interpretations, I'd appreciate hearing the feedback.
Julia