[Bldg-sim] 90.1 VAV Baseline Min CFM/SF = 0.4 or Ventilation

Paul Riemer Paul.Riemer at dunhameng.com
Thu Jul 31 13:30:40 PDT 2008

Mike,
Addendum AM revised G3.1.3.13 to alternatively allow the zone minimum ventilation flow, but I get lost when I think about how that is supposed to be calculated.

Is the minimum ventilation air the same as the % OA at the system or is it the zone minimum OA without any multi-space impacts?
Remembering that Std 62's method for determining system level OA in a multi-space VAV system is dependent on
1) the zone design flow rate which you are now auto sizing
2) the zone minimum zone flow rate which you are trying to determine

G3.1.25 is clear that minimum ventilation rates should be the same between the models (excepting DCV) and that kind of makes sense at a system level.  But potential collisions still exist when system supply air volume is lower than the minimum outside air volume or when you want to claim ventilation effectiveness impacts.

Whatever you come up, with eQUEST will accept a minimum cfm/sf in the detailed mode.
Paul Riemer