[Bldg-sim] IDF Editor 1.29a No Help

John Ross energy.wwind at cox.net
Wed Jun 11 20:17:52 PDT 2008

Hi;

I installed the Energy Plus V2.1.0.023  package and V2.2.023 package on
a new machine recently
Started the IDF Editor, everything OK.
Then I tried to open one of the E+ manuals via the Help tab and got

"Error initiating acrobat to view documentation file"

never seen anything like it.  Only happens with the E+ 2.1.023 not the
2.2.023.
Suggestions ??
Acrobat has been having problems recently with
machines that had very old versions of  Acrobat updated over the years. The
most recent update creates major problems unless all the Adobe s/w is
removed
and a fresh start is made.  But this is a new machine.