[Bldg-sim] A question about ASHRAE baseline loop pump power

yizhao1 at vt.edu yizhao1 at vt.edu
Mon Jun 16 23:10:59 PDT 2008

Hi all –
I’m working on an ASHRAE baseline model with system #7 in eQuest. ASHRAE
requires the chilled water loop pump power of 19W/gpm. So I ran the model with
the default head and pump kW (left then blank) first, and found the gpm of the
pump from the report, then I calculated and input the kW of the pump. However,
after I ran the model again with this pump power, the pump gpm result was
changed in the report. Also, I got a warning that said the pump flow input is
lower than the actual flow. There is no input for a pump flow. So I don’t know
what happened inside eQuest.

Do you know what is wrong here? How to model the ASHRAE loop pump power
correctly in eQuest?

Thanks a lot!

Ying