[Bldg-sim] TMY3 Released with 1020 US Locations

Eric Studer estuder at dmiinc.com
Wed Jun 18 12:58:23 PDT 2008

Greetings!

Thank you to all who have described ways to convert the TMY3/TMY2 files to
.bin files for use in eQuest.  I was just giving it a go, and keep getting
the error below.  I shortened the station number from 6 to 5 digits by
dropping the last one as recommended.  I followed the directions provided by
Scott Horowitz, the station number in my input file matches the one in the
WEATHR file.  When I run the DOEWTH.EXE, this error message is displayed in
the output file:

                        DOE-2.2NT35 WEATHER UTILITY PROGRAM
                                INPUT VERIFICATION
RUN TYPE PACK
          STATION NAME          PROVIDENCE RI TMY2
          TAPE TYPE               TMY2
          STATION NUMBER           72507
--- ERROR --- INCORRECT STATION NUMBER

All of the errors go away in the output file if there are three spaces in
the WEATHR file after the 5-number station name, but the NEWTH.TMP file
remains empty.  Any suggestions?

Ph:   (781) 431-1100 ext 12
Fax:  (781) 431-1109