[Bldg-sim] Daylight saving simulation in eQUEST

Lan Hu lhu at mwce.net
Fri Jun 20 06:19:30 PDT 2008

Hi, all,

I simulated an office building with 49% window on each orientation, and
compared the results with daylighting and without daylight. The lighting
energy consumption is 48.5% less with daylighting, and the total energy
consumption is 18.5% less. I set the only sensor in each exterior zone
around 15ft from the exterior window and used default values for other
setup. I wonder if anybody with experience of daylighting think these
big(?) saving numbers are realistic?

Any input will be appreciated.

Lan Hu