[Bldg-sim] Excess winter cooling load in eQuest

Xavier García Casals xavier.garcia at aiguasol.coop
Thu Jun 26 06:55:34 PDT 2008

Hello all,
I am finding an excess in winter cooling load when using DX coils for
cooling and HW coils for heating with a Packaged VAV with HW reheat. The
SS-C report shows a number of coincident cooling&heating load hours
almos equal to the unexpected cooling loads. This that could be normal
when the system serves many different zones, keeps on happening when I
asign one system per zone. I need to change the heating source to
Furnace  (for example Split System Single Zone DX with furnace) for
getting rid of those winter cooling loads. Is there a way to manqage it
with the Packaged VAV with HW reheat system?

On the other hand, from within the Wizards, the 'zone groups' assigned
within each shell seem not to be available in the system assignement to
thermal zones, and therefore, the system per area assignement overides
the zone groups and their system assignements. Is it like this?